Pet appreciation week is a time to celebrate how much our pets mean to us.
Our pets do a lot more for us than provide unconditional love, they help us relieve stress and encourage us to exercise. According to the Centers for Disease Control, pets can decrease your blood pressure, lower your cholesterol and increase your opportunities for socialization.
To learn more about the health benefits of pet ownership, please contact a Lange Animal Clinic veterinarian.
Here are just a few ideas on how to celebrate this week. This is our chance to encourage our pets to exercise, help them relieve some of their stress, and keep them healthy.
Ideas for Dog Owners
- Add an extra ten minutes to one of your daily walks
- Learn to give your dog a massage to reduce his stress
- Visit the dog park
- Bake homemade dog biscuits with all of his favorite flavors baked in
- Make sure his or her license, vaccinations and microchip records are up to date
Ideas for Cat Owners
- Play laser beam for a few minutes of exercise each day
- Play him a DVD made especially for cats
- Gently brush your cat or use a massaging grooming glove for a few minutes each day
- Plant some cat grass near one of his favorite hideouts
- Make sure his or her license, vaccinations, and microchip records are up to date
Enjoy the beautiful weather with a nice long stroll with your dogs and celebrate the love your pet and you mutually have for each other!
For over 45 years, Lange Animal Clinic has provided veterinary services in Pekin, IL and the surrounding areas for over three family generations. Our expert staff of Veterinarians, Veterinary Technicians, and Veterinary Assistants are trained to ensure the best quality medical care for your beloved pets-whether it be as a routine medical examination to more complicated surgical procedures. We are a small companion animal clinic providing services for dogs, cats, and exotic pets.
Dr. Colleen O’Rourke, owner and senior Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, takes great pride in making certain that every patient’s experience is handled with the utmost care, compassion, and economically in the best interests of our clients. Visit us at www.langeanimal.com.