Lange Animal Clinic is seeking a full or part time Veterinary Technician. Click the image at the bottom of the page to apply and review the job description below to learn more about the opportunity and to apply via our Facebook page. If you have veterinary assistant experience or are a Certified Veterinary Technician, than Lange Animal Clinic in Pekin, IL may be the right spot for you in your next leap in your career!
Due to significant growth, Lange Animal Clinic is currently seeking two (2) full time Veterinary Technicians. The ideal candidates will provide animal care by determining animal requirements; assisting with examinations and diagnostic procedures; assisting during operations; feeding and caring for animals; maintaining supplies and equipment; and maintaining records.
* Determines animal requirements by assisting with examinations and client discussions; reviewing care plans and records; completing laboratory tests and studies, and assisting with digital imaging.
* Cares for animals by taking vital signs; collecting samples; administering medications, drugs, and vaccines; bandaging and wrapping wounds.
* Supports operations by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting-up surgery table instruments; restraining animals; operating and monitoring anesthetic machines; hooking-up ECG monitors; preparing surgical site; placing catheters; performing blood draws; cleaning-up post-surgical site; maintaining sterile conditions; obtaining and verifying medications.
* Maintains animals by feeding and watering animals; cleaning animals’ rooms, cages, and equipment; changing cages; observing for clinical signs of disease.
* Maintains safe, secure, healthy and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments; sanitizing and disinfecting boarding and operating areas; storing sterile supplies; verifying shelf life; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating database.
* Maintains equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Enhances knowledge base by participating in continuing educational opportunities
Skills & Experience
* Certified Veterinary Technician preferred or at least 3+ years working as a Veterinary Assistant
* Bachelors Degree preferred, but not required
* Knowledge of Animal Behavior and Animal Husbandry
* Strong documentation and analytical skills
* Proven ability to mutli task in a fast paced environment
* Fosters safety and sterilization best practices
* Ability to assist with diagnostics, in-house lab testing and dental cleanings
* Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
* Basic computer and typing skills